Earlier Apple has released Apple Hardware Test tool for Apple Mac users which is an important troubleshooting tool that began shipping. This new MacBook hardware test tool helps you to test Apple Hardware Test of your Macbook and Macbook Pro. When you notice any unnatural activity in your Mac or iMac PC, running Apple Hardware Test or Apple Diagnostics tool will help you. There are many hardware problems you can face including failing disk drive, bad memory, a GPU issue, a motherboard problem, or a different hardware issue. So before visiting Apple Support Center, try Macbook hardware test. Sometimes it happens that download Apple hardware test is not working. In this article, we will list down all the solutions for such issues.
Macbook hardware test is available for all Mac OS versions including El Capitan, Yosemite. But note that Apple Hardware Test only runs on Macs built in 2013 and before, whereas newer Mac models will run Apple Diagnostics tool which is updated version of Apple hardware testing tool. Testing Apple hardware for troubles works the same on all Mac models, including an iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro, and the version of Mac OS or Mac OS X.
Apple’s Diagnostics utility is great at testing for iPhone and iPad hardware trouble. However, what do the cryptic codes mean when a piece of hardware has failed the scan? Follow the guide below to figure it out. As the last option, you can boot your Mac in a hardware diagnostics mode and also check apple hardware test online. apple diagnostic test iPhone and iPad is required refgularly. Sometimes we notice apple hardware test not working or apple hardware test won’t start problems.
Apple hardware Test
The Apple Hardware Test was originally available on an Apple Hardware Test CD. Each Apple Hardware Test is specific to the type and model of Macbook and iMac, and you can save all the log file to encounter an error. To run the Apple Hardware Test, you must start up from the disc or volume containing the apple hardware test Yosemite. Macbook hardware test can include problems with your Mac’s display, graphics, processor, memory, and storage. The Apple Hardware Test can be used to get rid of hardware failure like video card test, Mac diagnostic test, and test the graphics card. This test checks your Mac’s RAM, Processer, hard drive, and much more. Download Apple Hardware Test tool (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257).
Apple provides you with numerous options if you need to troubleshoot application and equipment issues that could be hurting your Mac. If you cannot determine the root reason for your problem by separating troubles in OSX, your first port of call should be OS X’s built-in recovery methods. Fix Apple Hardware Test Not Working and Apple Diagnostics Test iPhone.
But that’ll not be fundamentally enough and Recovery Function might be not able to help you get your Mac back to working order. Fix Apple Hardware Test Won’t Start and Apple Hardware Test El Capitan.
While the latter, you are able to start your Mac in a hardware diagnostics function, which on newer Macs is known as Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test on older versions. In this tutorial, we’ll explain to you just how to enter Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware testmode to spot the potential supply of a hardware problem. Also check Apple Hardware Test Online, Apple Diagnostic Test iPhone and Apple Hardware Test Doesn’t Start.
Keyboard shortcuts in Apple Diagnostics and Apple Hardware Test
- D at boot time—Start Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test
- Option (⌥) – D at boot time—Start Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test over the Internet
- Command (⌘) – G—Get started (loads in Recovery mode)
- Command (⌘) – L—Display the language selection screen
- Command (⌘) – R—Run this test again
- S—Shut down your Mac
- R—Restart your Mac
|11-inch MacBook Air||MacBookAir3,1||late 2010 through 2012|
|13-inch MacBook Air||MacBookAir3,2||late 2010 through 2012|
|13-inch MacBook Pro||MacBookPro8,1||early 2011 through 2012|
|15-inch MacBook Pro||MacBookPro6,2||mid 2010 through 2012|
|17-inch MacBook Pro||MacBookPro6,1||mid 2010 through 2012|
|Mac mini||Macmini4,1||mid 2010 through 2012|
|21.5-inch iMac||iMac11,2||mid 2010 through 2012|
|27-inch iMac||iMac11,3||mid 2010 through 2012|
Mid 2010 and 2011 models may require an EFI firmware update before you can use Apple Hardware Testing tool. You can check to see if your Mac needs the EFI update by following these steps:
- From the Apple menu, select About This Mac.
- In the window that opens, click the More Info button.
- If you’re running OS X Lion or later version, click the System Report button.
- In the window that opens, make sure Hardware is highlighted in the left-hand pane.
- From the right-hand pane, write down Boot ROM Version number, as well as the SMC Version number.
- Go to the Apple EFI and SMC Firmware update website and compare your version against the latest available.
- If your Mac has an older version, you can download the latest version using the links on the above web page.
How to start up your Mac in Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test mode
- Select Shut Down in the Apple menu to turn off your Mac.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer and then immediately press and hold the D key on the built-in keyboard until Apple Macbook Pro Hardware Test begins inspecting your hardware.
- Now select your desired language for Apple Diagnostics or Mac Hardware Test and click the right arrow, or press the Return key.
- Choose which test you wish to perform by ticking the box next to “Perform extended testing” and then hitting the Test button.
- Test results will appear after a few minutes.
- If no issues are found, a “No issues found” message appears.
- Apple Diagnostics reference codes are explained in the last section.
- To exit Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test mode, click Restart or Shut Down button.
Apple Hardware Test Error Codes
The error codes generated by the Apple Hardware Test. These Apple Hardware Test Error Codes are very important to identify errors.
|4AIR||AirPort wireless card|
|4HDD||Hard disk (includes SSD)|
|4MEM||Memory module (RAM)|
|4MLB||Logic board controller|
Hope you liked this article on apple hardware test not working. Comment below if you have any issues.