iPhone was not showing up in iTunes: Apple is known for its wide range of security and compact design. Every time with the new release of iOS update, Apple will release new features for iTunes, iPhone, and iPads. With every new Apple update for iTunes or iOS, there are many issues like iTunes not recognizing iPhone that needs to be sorted out. One of the most popular issue with new iTunes release is, iTunes won’t recognize iPhone. We saw many iPhone users posting questions like the iPhone cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes not recognizing iPhone or why is my iPhone not showing up on my computer. You can easily solve iPhone won’t connect to iTunes issue with the help little tricks. Here we will tell you that how to fix Windows 10 iTunes not detecting iPhone issue.
Note that to try below-mentioned solutions for iTunes not recognizing iPhone. Window 10 users are facing this iTunes not detecting iPhone issue after new Windows 10 update installation. iPhone not showing up in iTunes is a common issue for Windows 10 users as there is some conflict between new Windows 10 update and iTunes. iPhone 6 users also reported the same issue with iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone 6.
If you are an old iPhone user, then you probably know how important following a checklist is in a case of an emergency like iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10. Windows OS is always required special kind of software packages called Drivers. If you want to use any 3rd party hardware device, then you have to install its drivers first. Sometimes due to corrupted drivers, you will see an error like phone won’t connect to iTunes. If you are using Mac, then you will see iPhone not showing in iTunes Mac.
Due to these driver issues, your iPhone is still not detected; the chances are that the drivers are not installed, or outdated. So download proper driver and install them to solve iPhone not connecting to a computer error. We get numerous demands from individuals concerned since it isn’t acknowledged by the Computer, iPhone not recognized by iTunes. We increased very well at assisting people to obtain iPad iPhone, and iPod touch products discovered on Windows computers including Vista Windows 8, 7 and quickly, Windows 10. Find a useful guide for iPhone won’t connects to iTunes in Windows 10.
How to Fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes in Windows 10
We have tried all the possible solutions to fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10 issue, and we found that this iTunes invalid response is due to the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows don’t recognize it. Yes so now you have to reinstall or update that device driver inorder to resolve my iPhone 6 is not showing up in iTunes error.
Unfortunately, there is no one single fix for iPhone 5 not showing up in iTunes. You need to go through multiple checks and try them one by one to see if they fix your iTunes won’t recognize my iPhone issue. You may face the same issue with iPhone 6, iPhone5 and 5C. iPhone Not Showing Up In iTunes Windows 10 and iPhone Not Showing Up In iTunes Mac is a very frustrating error related to iTunes and Windows. iTunes will be the only software that enables you to sync and copy your iPhone. Consequently, it’s a major problem when the PC doesn’t find your iPone and also you cannot back up or sync with PC. When iPhone Not Recognized By iTunes eventually your iPhone, you can first restart iPhone, iTunes as well as your pc to exclude small errors. If this won’t function, you should subsequently consult with options given below. This iTunes Doesn’t Recognize iPhone Windows 10 error can be solved easily.
Generally this type of error including iPhone not showing up in iTunes windows 10 and iPhone not showing up in iTunes mac is cased by cheap cables. After you’ve verified that your cable works, try plugging your iPhone into another USB port on your computer. Sometimes using a different port is enough to solve this problem. So before trying any listed solutions for iPhone doesn’t show up in itunes, first check connected cables.
Also Check : Fix iPhone Not Sending Text Messages
With every new update in iTunes or iOS, there are many issues like iPhone Wont Connect To iTunes Invalid Response that need to be sorted out. In order to resolve the issues, the primary requirement is that you should be able to use iTunes or iOS with iTunes Doesn’t Recognize iPhone 6.
Quick Solutions for iPhone not showing up in iTunes
- Close all running programs on the PC
- Temporarily disable security software. These could be preventing PC access to your iPhone
- Check the USB cable and confirm that it is working fine
- Use an original Apple USB cable or Try using another USB cable
- Check whether both the USB slot on the PC and the iPhone USB connector are free from damage and dirt
- UIf Auto-Lock is on, unlock the iPhone with your Passcode
- Make sure the iPhone is showing the Home Screen
- Reconnect the iPhone to the PC via the USB cable
Fix iTunes not recognizing iPhone 6
This error only occurs in Windows 10. So follow these iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone Windows 10 fix guide and get rid of this frustrating error. Keep in mind that you may run into the trouble when you upgrade iTunes every time, or you launch it, the lengthy files syncing from iPhone 7 to iTunes 12, and iPhone 7 not showing up in iTunes Windows. However, Apple recommends many users reporting their problem is when they connect iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to Mac with OS X also. If Apple iPhone is not showing up in iTunes, then don’t panic. Here you get many ways to fix iPhone 6/ 6 Plus not showing up on iTunes. After applying these solutions, if you are still facing this iTunes not detecting iPhone error contact service center.
Solution 1: Latest iTunes Version Installed
Before going for advanced solutions, first check, either you have installed latest iTunes version on your Windows 10 or not? Follow these steps for solve iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone 6.
- Open Control Panel and then Select Hardware and Sound.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Your iPhone should be displayed there. Right-click it and select Properties. (If you can’t see your device then connect device again and click on “Trust this computer alert”)
- Select the Hardware option, then click the Properties button.
- From the General tab, select the Change Settings button.
- Select the Driver option, then select Update Driver.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Browse my computer for driver software optionSelect Browse… then navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
- If you don’t have this folder in that location, check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
- Click Next > Close.
- Apple device should now be detected within iTunes. Hope this will fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes issue.
Solution 2:. Hard reboot your iPhone and computer
- Press and hold the Home button and Power button on your iPhone and until you see the Apple logo.
- Once reboot finished, go ahead and restart your computer, too.
- This will reset networking and iPhone settings. This will solve iTunes not detecting iPhone problem.
Solution 3: Updating iTunes will solveiTuness not recognizing iPhone Windows 10 issue.
- Open iTunes on Windows PC.
- Click on Check for Updates (check for updates option is found in the Help menu).
- On your iOS device, you can find this setting in Settings > General > Software Update.
- After updating process finish, try again.
Solution 4: Update Drivers
- Right, click My Computer < Properties > Device Manager.
- Right, click AppleMobile DeviceUSB Drive > Update Driver Software.
- Update Apple Mobile Software Drivers in Windows
- Now, browse to the path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers to make sure the software is updated.
- Restart your system and connect iPhone to your computer via USB cable, then open iTunes to see if iPhone is detected or not.
- Hope this solution will work for iTunes doesn’t recognize iPhone problem.
iPhone 7 not Connecting to iTunes but Charging or iPhone Connecting to Computer but not iTunes
- Open Control Panel > Device Manager and Right click the iPhone entry > Choose Update Driver
- Click Browse computer for driver software > Choose pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Click the Have Disk button.
- Select Install from Disk > Choose Browse > Visit C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. > Double-click USB app file (or usbaapl64 in a 64-bit Windows.)
- Click OK on the Install from Disk dialog > Click Next to finish.
If you liked this article on iPhone not showing up in iTunes windows 10 issue or How to fix iPhone not showing up in iTunes after Windows 10 update then share it. Comment below if you have any issues.
Related iTunes Issues: